This past weekend at Faithco was once again over the top! Here are a few of the things that really stood out:
1. People made decisions to follow Christ. (always amazing)
2. I really enjoy connecting with all our people every weekend. Faithco has some awesome people. If you haven’t gotten to know some of us, come to the next Friends of Summer. The next Friends of Summer is August 22. (more about this later)
3. I was trying to answer an age-old question concerning God’s nature. I could feel the raised tension in the room when I asked the question: Is God fair? God may not always be fair but He is always just.
4. The Faithkids leaders are incredible. After the weekend worship gatherings, they stuck around, changed into work clothes, ordered in pizza, and continued their task of remodeling the Little Explorers room of our church. The circus them will be an amazing addition to the other themed rooms of our Faithkids ministry. I can’t wait to see the finished room.
It is truly a blessing to be part of such an amazing Church.
I was completely blown away by such an amazing summer weekend at Faithco. Here are a few of the things that really stood out.
1. Of course it always stands out when people come home to Christ.
2. The band was great in leading us to worship with songs and music. They always are; it just seemed they were playing and singing at a different level.
3. I enjoy the variety of people who do the Faithco News. The News is always a treat.
4. A lot of people hadn’t heard the story of Hosea and Gomer. I enjoy being the first to share stories from the bible to those who are new to our church. I think we know what “unconditional love” really looks like.
5. Friends of Summer. WOW, what a night! The food was awesome and the talent exhibit was a lot of fun. I had no idea we had so much talent at out church.
This past weekend at Faithco was a the highlight of my week. After coming off a one week vacation, it was great to see all our people gathering to celebrate our God. Here are a few things that stood out:
1. 5 people made a decision to accept and follow Christ. I can never get used to that. It is truly a work of God’s Spirit, especially when one considers that 3 of the 5 were first-time guests.
2. The band brought back an older song, ” Here I am to Worship”. Our band is sometimes hesitant to sing the older songs because we have heard and sang them so much. However, we are learning that most of our member/attenders enjoy singing songs that they know from memory -even the older songs. I told the band last Sunday, “Hey, it is powerful for the people to know and sing the songs we are playing”. When we dropped the instruments and just had people sing, the voices of the people rang out. Here’s the point (as simple as it may seem): our people will worship more if they know the words to the songs, so don’t worry about singing older songs.
3. God is Faithful. Simple phrase; profound words. When you are dealing with the unfaithful aspects of this world and its people, this truth is powerful.
4. Sending our kids off to camp is always a fun day. Our people love going to Dry Gulch.
Last week Landon and I returned from building homes for the earthquake victims in Haiti. While we were there, we got to meet and spend some time with some of the Love a Child team members. Bobby Burnett, the founder and leader was there to greet us and encourage us every day. If you haven’t had a chance to look at some of the video from the trip, go to our Facebook page:
You can also learn how you can be a part of our team that we are putting together to go back to Haiti sometime in the future. Also, if you want to know more about Love a Child in Haiti, you can go to their website: