Last week was as exciting as it was busy around our church campus:
1. Last week all our kids returned from camp –Changed! Really, talk to them; the camps we are sending our kids to are the best in the nation. Dry Gulch and Youth America are the summer kid’s and youth camps our kids attend each year. I actually got to visit our Pulse kids at Youth America last Wednesday, I have never seen a youth camp worship as power-packed as the one I experienced at Youth America. We are fortunate to have these camps in-state. I can’t tell you just how important it is to make sure you send your kids…….I should dedicate a whole blog to the subject…hmm.
2. It is good to see the effects of the iServe series. People are connecting with me at our services and asking where they can get involved. As I said before, this series will change our church forever.
3. I don’t think all our people are familiar with all the things we did overseas last year in Cambodia and in Haiti. I believe it was powerful to see the video footage and documentation of our trips. It was also great to see Jesse McCaul. I especially liked the “your favorite Cambodian Missionary” statement. Bobby did a great job on the video and images.
4. Lastly, Friends of Summer’s Talent showcase was so much fun. From the cookout to the show, it was a blast. It was great to see and to hear Faithco’s up and coming talent.
1. We sent about 40 kids to camp this week. It will be quiet around here for the next 4-5 days. We are praying for every one of them to encounter God in some way as they focus on God and each other.
2. Last Sunday we kicked off a new series called iServe. I believe this will be one of the most powerful message series we’ve ever done. We are challenging people to lead, serve, and to give as never before. Every member is a minister; we teach this in our newcomers’ sessions.
3. For some reason, we’ve had a lot of new babies born this summer. What’s the deal? You people need to get a hobby. Just kidding, I love it. We are having a baby dedication July 31st for all these babies. Good times.
4. Finally, Friends of Summer kicks off this Sunday night with FCO’s Got Talent. I believe we have around 8-10 people who have signed up for our annual talent showcase. If you think you’ve got talent, you can still sign up, but there is a limited amount of space since we don’t want to be here all night. Also, we will be having a big cookout before the show. Watch our Facebook page for more info.