1. Pulse youth continues to grow: I think they are approaching 60 kids for attendance now. We believe this number will grow to 80 before the end of the year. Also, Pulse took a trip to Lake Eufala to enjoy some fun in the sun at Jellystone Park. You might check out the Pulse facebook wall to see some pics.
2. Weekend Worship was awesome. People are headed back to church from Summer activities and vacations. It’s great to see everyone again and great to see a full house.
3. Intervention continues to be a life changing series. We intervene for the people around us more than we think. The story of Jonah was familiar to us in more ways than one. If you didn’t get to be in one of our weekend worship experiences, you should check our http://www.Faithco.tv.
4. I’m excited about some of the things coming up: This Wednesday we will have Baptism Celebration at 6:30pm. Next weekend we are receiving our monthly Building Faith offering. September 11-12 Faithco will be hosting Power Force Team. FRIENDS Connect groups kick off at end of September. If you are not connected to Faithco, GET CONNECTED! it will change your life….really.
I just wanted to share some of the great things that are happening at Faithco:
1. Pulse Youth last week was awesome. Rolondo, one of the guys who volunteer at Pulse on Wednesday’s shared his story. It was awesome. Pulse continues to grow with lots of momentum. Pulse is going to Eufala Lake this weekend to have some fun. I suppose I will volunteer for this event :).
2. Discovery 2 met last Wednesday with Deana directing the personality test that we give all newcomers. It is always interesting to see what people learn about themselves and each other. We believe that as people learn about themselves, they can better choose where God may be leading them to serve. This Wednesday, Discovery 3 will be the spiritual gifting test. This test identifies and brings into focus the God-given gifts we all possess. These sessions continue to be life changing.
3. The INTERVENTION Series just keeps getting more interesting. I still believe that this series will change a lot of hearts and lives.
Don’t forget: Baptism (8/31), Building Faith Offering (9/4), Communion (9/7), Power Team (9/11), Friends Connect groups kick off with a group Olympics theme (9/18).
I don’t say it enough: Thanks for being a part of Faithco.
I am excited about the things that are happening at Faithco. Here’s a quick look at last week and some upcoming events here at church:
1. Pulse youth continues to grow; Kimmy Huxford delivered a great message to the youth about God’s grace and how it cleanses us. Pulse is always a blast, and the food is always great!
2. I spoke at our Discovery 1 session. We are talking to 5 new families who are exploring church membership, church volunteerism and service, FRIENDS connect groups, and all the other topics of Newcomers and Discovery123. People continue to join our church. A healthy church is a growing church.
3. I kicked off a new series called INTERVENTION. This series explores how God sends people into the lives of others to confront them where and how they need to be confronted. Last weekend we discussed how Abigail intervened in David’s life and kept him from murdering an innocent man. This was a powerful message; I recommend that you check it out at http://www.faithco.tv if you were gone on Sunday. Also, don’t miss the next parts of the series. I believe they will be powerful messages.
4. Things to remember:
August 31 –Baptism Celebration –Always a great time!
Sept 11-12 Next Generation Power Team — This will be something different.
FRIENDS Connect groups are gearing up for the new season; make sure you get connected.
Building Faith, the campaign for our new campus is on schedule. Remember, we receive a monthly offering for commitments on the first Sunday of each month. Be a part of the campaign by committing to give monthly. No pressure…. just think about it. It’s a good cause.
Here are a few things that are going on at Faithco this week:
1. Pulse this Wednesday night at 6:30pm. Did you know that our kids at Pulse are a big part of the leadership team for the Shawnee High School FCA? They had their first planning meeting in my office yesterday, and I believe they are hosting the “See You At The Pole” event at SHS. Our kids are awesome. If you don’t serve in ministry in any place at our church, Pulse youth is a great place to serve. Our kids are well worth the time we sacrifice to serve them.
2. We will be kicking off a brand new message series called INTERVENTION. I think this one will be a life-changing series. Don’t miss a single week.
3. September 11, we will be having a special weekend worship. I’ll tell you more about it later. You may probable see some of our fliers around town. This will definitely be something we have never done here at Faithco.
4. If you haven’t, don’t forget to take part in the 90 day iServe challenge. iServe = Lead-Serve-Give. Serve God with your life through his church.
5. We received our monthly Building Faith Offering this past weekend. I get so excited when I think of the future of our church and our new campus. Thanks for your continued generosity of Faithco. God is going to do something big financially through those who are faithful. Watch and see.
It has been a busy Summer at Faithco. I can’t believe Summer is almost over. Here are some of the happenings here at FCO for the past week:
1. Pulse Youth ministry has a new worship band. The prospects of the the up and coming singers and musicians are exciting. I’m glad to help with the training. Also Vanz (my daughter) spoke in the last Pulse gathering; I was proud.
2. The iServe series has got a lot of people stepping forward to be counted on for His service. I believe iServe was one of the most powerful message series we’ve ever taught at FCO, and we are already seeing results. The series may be over but the ripple effect continues.
3. We dedicated 8 babies yesterday! WOW! Dedication of babies simply means as parents, we are committing to raise our children to live for God. So many new babies; I’m glad we are on our way to building a new campus –we are out of space in every kids area.
This Wednesday we kick off our quarterly Newcomers’/Discovery Series. If you know someone who wants to get to know more about our church, invite them and/or come with them. It’s a great learning environment with food and childcare. This series ends with Baptism and Communion. Don’t miss these intimate times of celebration and worship. I believe we get so many complements on these two worship gatherings because this is one of the few “small church” things we still do. I can’t really explain it, one has to experience it to get what happens at Baptism and Communion gatherings.
September 11-12 the Power Team (the guys that break and bend things) will be ministering at our church. Big event.
Next FRIENDS of Summer will be September 18 –I think it is the Olympics theme.
FRIENDS ministry new season starts at the end of Summer, or at the beginning of October.
New Sermon Series in 2 weeks –It’s called: Intervention – -You like it? Basically, it is about bible characters who’s destructive paths were interrupted by a God sent person (I hope that makes sense).